Posted on Monday, February 13, 2012 by Anders Søndergaard
Something we did not really dare to hope for is happening: we are actually selling records!
About half of the limited edition vinyl of 200 is either sold or submitted for review. That’s really big for us – a small Danish debut act with no fan base.
Last week we sent records to countries as far away as USA, Greece, France and Austria – and today South Africa.
One of the main reasons that the record has gotten this attention is without doubt the spectacular art work. We’ve blogged about it several times before (for instance here, here, here and here) and we have praised Klaus Matthiesen from OddFischlein as much as we could every time.
But the choir of praises seemed to grow. The design suddenly got it’s on viral life. Here are a few examples that you can explore if you are curious:
- Hardformat – the coolest site for music design if you ask us – features the album
- French site Black Pizza features the album with flattering terms about the whole package
- American company Unified Manufactoring features the album on their blog
- 700 views of the vinyl on Vimeo, 19 likes
- Quite a lot of attention on Twitter – see what we are talking about in the searches here and here
We hope these people like the music too :-).
Greetings from the machinists
Frans + Anders
Tagged with blackpizza.com, cover art, graphic design, hardformat.org, Klaus Matthiesen, Oddfischlein, twitter, unifiedmanufactoring.com, vimeo, viral